Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The 11th hour

One day i will write about what happened when i reached Ben Gurion on Thursday 2nd August 2007. I'm not trying to be melodramatic but sometimes it's just quite hard to know where to begin when putting your experiences down into words. Until i do, thank you to all of you who supported me during this time and continued to send me messages of solidarity despite the fact that i couldn't receive them. On arriving back in the UK after 7 days of interrogation, imprisonment and immense paranoia (my new best friend), these were the lifelines that enabled me to rejoin the world without feeling like i could never talk to another human being who hadn't experienced Palestine again. I couldn't have done it without you and i hope no one else ever has to.
Saying that, i'd do it all again if i had to. I'd do it all again if it gave, even for one minute, the state of israel an insight into how fundamentally, politically and morally opposed to their occupation, policies and state-terrorism some of the international community actually are. And how far activists from both sides of the conflict and beyond are willing to go in order to show the world that some people, despite every effort, will not be silenced.
For all those i left behind and everyone i didn't have the time or opportunity to meet, you have my undying respect. And despite being told that for me, it's over. I'm nowhere near finished.

No comments: